Monday, July 5, 2010

BabyCakes - Sublime Delights!

BabyCakes - Sublime Delights
Tuart Hill & Claremont Quarter
www.babycakes.net.au
Summerberry Souffle - $3.95
I don't believe there is online purchase available. Can be purchased individually from the stores.

Looks very chocolatey! I've never had a souffle before, so I'm not sure how they are MEANT to taste, although I am of the opinion that they are a 'light' dessert. The strawberry and chocolate-frosting curl also have a tiny 'jelly' accompaniment, which is the 'glue' to hold the strawberry piece in place. The frosting is the regular BabyCakes frosting - which I love! - although too thick for my liking. It adds much-needed moisture to the souffle.

The 'Berry' of the souffle has all sunk to the bottom. I am not sure if this is meant to happen with a souffle, but I am not a fan. The cake was to dry and heavy for me to consider it a souffle; I've always thought of them as light and airy.

Total Score:  2.5/5


Lemon Meringue Pie Petit Four - $2.00
Available online (minimum of 6), or can be purchased individually in stores.
"Perfect for any occasion, make someones day today with our cute lemon Meringue Pies
Sweet pastry case filled with zingy lemon curd and topped with a meringue spike" - babycakes.net
NB: 2 bite size



Very cute! The pastry is very thin, and doesn't take away from the flavour of the lemon at all! The meringue, however, is not soft on the inside at all. Its is a hollow spike, and not very sweet. A little disappointing.

Total Score:  3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment